The show will go all day from 6 a. m. to midnight on Thursday, December 26th with all proceeds benefiting the Austin Street Center, the finest homeless facility perhaps in the entire country.
Here's a rundown of the ever-expanding list of people who'll be at Starpower Dec. 26 as LIVE and in-person guests during the 13th annual What-a-burger Norm-a-thon benefitting the Austin Street Centre for the Homeless.
- 9:30 a. m. --- Draft Experts Jeff Bowers and David Newberry
- 11:30 a. m.---Stars GM Jim Nill
- 1:10 p. m.----Rangers Hall of Fame announcer Eric Nadel
- 2:30 p.m.----Mavericks owner Mark Cuban
- 4:10 p. m.---Former Cowboys QB and Hall of Famer Roger Staubach
- 7:10 p. m.---Stars play-by-play announcer Ralph Strangis
- 8:10 p. m.---Ticket talk show host Donovan Lewis
- 10:50 p. m.--Mavs play-by-play announcer Mark Followill
To date, Norm-a-thon has raised nearly $1.75 million in its 12 year history, including a record $235,000 last year. Make sure you are there with us for Norm-a-thon as we shatter last year's record mark!!
There will be several terrific door prizes given away at Starpower in conjunction with the 13th annual What-a-burger Norm-a-thon on Dec. 26. Any one contributing $50 or more at the door when they enter Starpower at any time during the show (6 a. m. to midnight) becomes eligible to win one of the following prizes:
- A package of SIX $100 dollar gift certificates from the restaurants and bars on Lower Greenville Avenue. These are the businesses that sponsor the annual St. Patrick's Day Parade in Dallas . The person lucky enough to have his or her name drawn as the winner of this prize gets $100 gift certificates to each of the following:
- Stan's Blue Note
- The Dubliner
- The Blue Goose
- The Grape
- A package of SIX professional one-hour massages from Dr. Rey Adorable of Advanced Wellness and Weight Loss Center at Preston Road and Belt Line. Dr. Adorable and his staff offer a wide variety of physical rehab programs while specializing in a weight loss approach that focuses on fat-burning hormones to help reduce inches, fat and cellulite with needle-less lipo. Dr. Rey has more than 25 years experience. Check out his company's website.
- A framed and signed photograph of perhaps the most memorable moment in DFW sports history. The winner of this prize gets an 8 X 10 picture of Nolan Ryan giving the Chicago's Robin Ventura a "noogie" during their fight on the mound in Arlington. This iconic photo is autographed by Ryan and provided to the Norm-a-thon by Gameday Connexion----your source for sports memorabilia, autographs, custom framing and athlete appearances. GC has locations in Grapevine Mills Mall, Ridgmar Mall and Northeast Mall. Check out their incredible array of items by going to their website here.